Corsicana Police Beat
• Two juveniles called police to report that a family member was chasing them with a chainsaw around 9:30 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of East 14th Ave. When officers arrived, there was no chainsaw, and no witnesses to the alleged chase. While the officers were there, one of the juveniles said another adult elbowed him in the chest, causing him minor pain. No arrests were made.
• A box truck and property were taken sometime over the weekend from the 1000 block of Ferguson Drive.
• Metal was stolen out of a building July 17 in the 700 block of City Road.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Department
• A 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix was taken from a Blooming Grove address. The theft was discovered around 10 a.m. Monday.
• A Miller welder (225-amp), and a 15-gallon air compressor, described as “some Chinese brand,” were stolen from a building near Blooming Grove Sunday night. Total value of the tools was set at $400.
• A “Featherlite” string trimmer, a yellow and black riding lawnmower, a vice and a white air compressor were stolen from a building Monday near Purdon. The value of the items was set at $2,185.
• Three oil field tanks were stolen from Mustang Monday afternoon.
• A 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse was broken into and a Pioneer car stereo and a cell phone were stolen out of it Sunday while it was parked on NW CR 2091.
• A cast-iron antique gnome statue, and an antique milk jug were reported stolen Saturday from a Corsicana address. Estimated value was $815.
• A utility trailer or car hauler, painted black, was reported stolen Sunday from a West Highway 22 address just outside of Corsicana.
• Two bulls and three cows are missing Sunday from an address just off FM 3383 near Corsicana.
Corsicana Police Beat
- Latest News
Fire Marshal's Office: Panel had blast site access
AUSTIN — The Texas State Fire Marshal's Office says a federal safety panel's investigators had access to the site of the West fertilizer plant blast that killed 15 people and injured about 200 others.
Texas has 8 of top 15 fastest-growing cities in US
HOUSTON — New estimates show Texas has eight of the nation's 15 fastest-growing cities. Estimates released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau show San Marcos in Central Texas led the way with a nearly 5 percent population boom between July 2011 and July 2012. That's the highest rate among U.S. cities with at least 50,000 people.
Texas Country artists organize Moore benefit
It took less than 30 minutes for a devastating EF-5 tornado to make a shambles out of the community of Moore, Okla. on Monday afternoon.
It took less than two days for Texas country musicians Scott Brown and Josh Ward to find themselves stopping in Corsicana on their way to Moore with three trailers full of relief supplies for the victims of the storm.
Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
MOORE, Okla. — The tornado that tore through an Oklahoma City suburb destroyed or damaged as many as 13,000 homes and may have caused $2 billion in overall damage, officials said Wednesday.
‘Click it or Ticket’ enforcement underway locally
As motorists take to the roads this Memorial Day holiday, Corsicana police are urging everyone to buckle up.
Law enforcement officials are out in full force, taking part in the 2013 national Click It or Ticket seat belt enforcement mobilization and cracking down on motorists who are not belted.
Blooming Grove ag mechanics 15th at state
Four Blooming Grove FFA Agricultural Mechanics team members were district champions, ranked third in Area competition at Tarleton State University, and advanced to the State contest at Sam Houston State University.
Local Beat 5/23/13
A listing of meetings and events of interest from throughout Navarro County.
AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip
It's going to be another busy Memorial Day weekend on the nation's highways. From Thursday through Monday, 31.2 million Americans will drive 50 miles or more to a beach, campground or other getaway, according to car lobbying group AAA.
Mental health exam ordered for former West paramedic
WEST — A judge has ordered that a mental health evaluation be done for a former West, Texas paramedic who's accused of possessing bomb-making material.
Texas House girds for major budget vote Wednesday
AUSTIN — In the Republican-controlled Texas Legislature, a furious final week is being dominated by distrust, deadlines and delays.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Fire Marshal's Office: Panel had blast site access