Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• Thieves stole a SpeedQueen top-loading clothes washer Wednesday from a home on NWCR 1090.
• A gray donkey was found wandering loose Thursday on NWCR 0141 near Rice.
Corsicana Police Department
• A woman reported that someone burglarized her car while it was parked Wednesday night at the Collin Street Bakery on South Interstate 45.
• An antique lamp was stolen Thursday from a home in the 200 block of North 20th Street. The owner said the thieves broke into the house to steal the lamp.
• A person was arrested Thursday morning after an officer initiated a stop, and the driver decided to handle the situation by fleeing. He was charged with evading arrest and driving with an invalid license. The driver was arrested in the 200 block of South 20th Street.
• A domestic fight resulted in $500 worth of damage inside a house, and then more damage done to a car outside the house Friday just after midnight in the 1000 block of Sycamore Avenue.
• A woman reported being injured by a manhole cover around 3:30 p.m. in the 100 block of South 12th Street.
• A man reported that some rubbish fell off a trash truck around 1 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of South 12th, and struck his car.
Compiled by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
- Latest News
Navarro College students to attend prestigious piano academy
They’re different as daylight and dark — she loves soccer and history, he loves math and science. She hails from Flower Mound, he from Malaysia. She is bubbly, outgoing and excited; he is a bit shy, somewhat reserved.
• A woman was arrested for trying to interfere in the serving of two felony warrants around noon Thursday at an apartment at 4301 W. Highway 31.
May 15 to July 31
The Navarro Council of the arts presents "With Six You Get Eggrolls" A Fine Art Exhibit featuring the works of Helen Albritton, Barbara Jones, Gladys Espenson, Deb Miller, Stephanie Ford, and Margie Taylor at the Warehouse Gallery from May 15 to July. Exhibit is free and open to the public daily.
Monday jury for Judge Lagomarsino dismissed
Jury for District Court Judge James Lagomarsino for Monday, May 20, 2013 has been dismissed.
Texas residents missing after tornadoes found safe
People who were missing in the wake of the destructive tornadoes in North Texas have been found safe, officials said Friday, but they didn't indicate when residents of one hard-hit neighborhood will be allowed to return to survey damage to their homes.
Police department open house Tuesday
The renovation of the Corsicana Police Department got a bit more involved than it was originally intended to. An error with some concrete resulted in water flooding city hall, and forcing replacement of carpeting and flooring. As well, the renovations quickly led to renovations of the municipal court, as well.
Bowie School involves all in ACS Recess Relay
For the third straight year, Bowie students and faculty have “Teamed Up to Fight Cancer” — and each team was armed with a catchy name, a sports theme, and its own banner and sporty accessories. Bowie Elementary School is an important part of the success of American Cancer Society’s Navarro County Relay for Life. This year, they raised $4,100.52 for cancer research, bringing their three-year total to over $15,000.
Review: 'The 39 Steps' is charming fun
“The 39 Steps” is the latest production by the Warehouse Living Arts Center, and it’s simply charming.
If you’ve seen the Alfred Hitchcock version of the movie, you might be ahead of the game, but I hadn’t and so it was all a lovely surprise to me.
United Way funding applications available
Applications for 2014 financial assistance from United Way of Navarro County are now available May 15, 2013. The applications can be obtained at the United Way of Navarro County office at 115 North Main Street, or through the organization’s web site, www.unitedwayofnavarrocounty.com.
Harmony Baptist Church, 400 East 12th Ave., Corsicana will hold an appreciation service for its musicians at 8 p.m. Friday, May 17, 2013.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Navarro College students to attend prestigious piano academy