Corsicana — Join the discussion on this story by using the Facebook app to the right
The Navarro County Commissioners Court has a day full of activity slated for Monday, beginning with a 10 a.m. regular meeting and followed by a budget workshop.
During Monday’s meeting, commissioners are expected to declare their intent to set the county property tax rate at .6270 per $100 valuation, as they move through the budget process.
Also on Monday’s agenda, commissioners are expected to discuss the resignation of Brad Butler, Precinct 3 constable. Butler submitted his resignation by email to County Judge H.M. Davenport Jr., effective at 5 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 9, 2012.
Commissioners have also scheduled a budget workshop for Monday to consider any further adjustments or additions to the budget for the upcoming fiscal year beginning Oct. 1. The workshop was scheduled after commissioners last met to discuss the budget on Aug. 8.
A closed session is also scheduled to discuss personnel, although any action taken will be in open session.
Other agenda items for Monday’s meeting include:
• Consent agenda.
• Consideration of Burn Ban.
• Presentation of 2012 appraisal roll and certification of the collection rate.
• Ad Valorem collection report for July 2012.
• Order general election for Nov. 6, 2012.
• Approving polling locations and election judges for the Nov. 6, 2012 general election.
• Consideration of accepting resignation of Brad Butler, Constable Precinct #3, effective at 5 p.m. Aug. 9, 2012.
• Consideration of special use permit to move a used manufactured home at Mattie Caston Phase II lot #13.
• Consideration of special use permit to located a storage shed on lot for Jeff Cobleigh at Clearview Estates Lot #6.
• Consideration of a replat in Retreat Ranchettes Phase II lots # 18, 19A & 19B for Jimmy Prater and Winter Frost.
• Consideration of a replat in The Hideout Phase I lot #13 for Kingsford Housing.
• Opening of bids and consideration of awarding contract for reconstruction of a portion of SECR 2240.
• Consideration of accepting road bond from Dallas Production Inc. for SECR 3150.
• Consideration of purchase of a motor grader for Precinct #1 through the Buy Board.
• Consideration of approving County Auditor’s June 2012 monthly financial reports.
• Consideration of approving North Texas HIDTA Order Form for Thomson Reuters.
• Consideration of proposing a 2012 combined tax rate of $0.6270 per $100 of taxable valuation to be voted on Sept. 10, 2012.
• Consideration of approving District Clerk’s request for a cell phone allowance effective Oct. 1, 2012.
• Consideration to approve raising Law Library fees in County Court, effective Jan. 1, 2013.
• Consideration of selection of Salary Grievance Committee and drawing names of members of the public who will serve.
• Executive session pursuant to the Texas Government Code Section 551.074 to discuss personnel.
• Consideration of action taken on Executive Session pursuant to the Texas Government Code Section 551.074 to discuss personnel.
• Budget Workshop
Want to “Soundoff” on this story? Email: email@example.com