Corsicana Daily Sun
Corsicana Police Department
Police Beat update: The three people who were injured in a knife fight Saturday in the parking lot of the Waffle House have been treated for their injuries and are home now, according to police. Four people were injured in all, one fled with minor injuries. Two were taken to Parkland Hospital in Dallas by flying ambulance, and one was taken to Navarro Regional.
• A man was taken to Navarro Regional following a fist-fight around 10 p.m. Tuesday at Napoli’s, 111 E. Collin St.
• Police were called out around 4 p.m. Wednesday to the 1400 block of East Collin Street. The complainant said he was struck in the head with a blunt object, but there were no signs of injuries. It’s still under investigation.
• Thieves stole more than $1,500 in merchandise from a truck sometime between Friday and Wednesday while it was parked in the the 1200 block of North Business 45.
• A broken car was taken without permission sometime over the long weekend from the 800 block of North 13th Street.
• A car was burglarized sometime between 3 and 5 p.m. Monday while it was parked in the 1500 block of West Collin Street.
• A domestic fight escalated beyond words at around 7:30 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of Frey Street.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Office
• A 12-guage shotgun was stolen Wednesday from NWCR 2160 near Barry.
• All the major appliances, including a wood-burning stove, were stolen from a home Dec. 20 from a home on NECR 1041 near Rice. Taken in the theft were assorted tools and welding rods, a red dolly and a wagon, 50 steel pipes, assorted steel rebar, and fencing, pieces of tin and two tillers, a plow, a rake and a blade, as well as a 1970s Sears tractor, the refrigerator, gas heater, dryer and the stove. Value of the items was estimated at more than $7,000.
• Two traffic stops resulted in arrests on Tuesday. One man was arrested at 1:24 a.m. for not having a drivers license or insurance on U.S. Highway 287 near Mildred. The second one was at 3:40 p.m. on NWCR 1060 near Corsicana.
• Two cars were damaged and two mailboxes destroyed Tuesday morning in Dawson in what seems to be a rash of criminal mischief incidents.
• Thieves stole a variety of items Tuesday from a car parked on Roane Road near Corsicana. Among the items was a CB radio, a toolbox, miscellanious clothes, a cheater pipe and racket boom.
• A .22 caliber Ruger rifle with scope was stolen from an outbuilding Monday on NWCR 0130 near Rice.
• A black 7-month old calf was shot Monday while in a pasture on NWCR 0140 near Rice.
Compiled by Daily Sun City Editor Janet Jacobs from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Department.