Corsicana Police Department
• Police were called to a report of an assault in the 1600 block of East 13th Avenue.
• Juveniles were detained after a report of shoplifting on Corsicana Crossings.
• A lawn mower was reported stolen in the 300 block of East Thompson Avenue.
• Several items were reported taken from a home in the 300 block of Gioia Circle.
• A resident in the 900 block of Madison Avenue reported damage done to the swimming pool vacuum.
• Cases of identity theft and forgery were reported in the 900 block of South 18 1/4 Street and the 3000 block of West State Highway 22.
• Police recovered a vehicle reported stolen out of Ennis in the 700 block of North Ninth Street.
Navarro County Sheriff’s Department
• Theft of property over $750 but under $20,000 was reported in the 1100 block of SWCR 2348. A homemade BBQ pit, water troughs, weight bar, power saw and 20 feet of chain was reported taken.
• Three mower decks were reported stolen in the 6800 block of SWCR 0021.
• Barbed Wire, t-posts, telephone poles and chains with locks valued at $1,880 were reported taken from FM 709 and SWCR 3140 in Dawson.
• A motor vehicle was burglarized on the FM 309 boat ramp off South U.S. Highway 287. Items taken include a tablet computer, GPS, digital camera, flashlights, a backpack, a 50 foot roll of copper and a coffee can with loose quarters. Lost property was valued at $1,265.
• A .40 caliber Smith & Wesson Sigma black and silver handgun was reported taken from a home in the 1000 block of NWCR 3055.
• Deputies made an arrest for possession of marijuana and tampering with evidence on West Park Row.
• A .22 caliber semi-automatic rifle, an X-Box Kinect game, an air conditioner and an unknown amount of cash was taken in a burglary reported in the 1100 block of SWCR 2348.
• Deputies made an arrest for driving with license invalid (with a previous conviction or suspension) and without insurance.
• Deputies investigated a report of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, theft of a trailer, burglary of a building and burglary of a vehicle in the 700 block of FM 1126 in Rice.
Compiled from reports released by the Corsicana Police Department and the Navarro County Sheriff’s Department.
Corsicana Police Department
- Latest News
Fire Marshal's Office: Panel had blast site access
AUSTIN — The Texas State Fire Marshal's Office says a federal safety panel's investigators had access to the site of the West fertilizer plant blast that killed 15 people and injured about 200 others.
Texas has 8 of top 15 fastest-growing cities in US
HOUSTON — New estimates show Texas has eight of the nation's 15 fastest-growing cities. Estimates released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau show San Marcos in Central Texas led the way with a nearly 5 percent population boom between July 2011 and July 2012. That's the highest rate among U.S. cities with at least 50,000 people.
Texas Country artists organize Moore benefit
It took less than 30 minutes for a devastating EF-5 tornado to make a shambles out of the community of Moore, Okla. on Monday afternoon.
It took less than two days for Texas country musicians Scott Brown and Josh Ward to find themselves stopping in Corsicana on their way to Moore with three trailers full of relief supplies for the victims of the storm.
Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
MOORE, Okla. — The tornado that tore through an Oklahoma City suburb destroyed or damaged as many as 13,000 homes and may have caused $2 billion in overall damage, officials said Wednesday.
‘Click it or Ticket’ enforcement underway locally
As motorists take to the roads this Memorial Day holiday, Corsicana police are urging everyone to buckle up.
Law enforcement officials are out in full force, taking part in the 2013 national Click It or Ticket seat belt enforcement mobilization and cracking down on motorists who are not belted.
Blooming Grove ag mechanics 15th at state
Four Blooming Grove FFA Agricultural Mechanics team members were district champions, ranked third in Area competition at Tarleton State University, and advanced to the State contest at Sam Houston State University.
Local Beat 5/23/13
A listing of meetings and events of interest from throughout Navarro County.
AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip
It's going to be another busy Memorial Day weekend on the nation's highways. From Thursday through Monday, 31.2 million Americans will drive 50 miles or more to a beach, campground or other getaway, according to car lobbying group AAA.
Mental health exam ordered for former West paramedic
WEST — A judge has ordered that a mental health evaluation be done for a former West, Texas paramedic who's accused of possessing bomb-making material.
Texas House girds for major budget vote Wednesday
AUSTIN — In the Republican-controlled Texas Legislature, a furious final week is being dominated by distrust, deadlines and delays.
- More Latest News Headlines
- Fire Marshal's Office: Panel had blast site access