From Staff Reports
Corsicana Daily Sun
The Navarro County Grand Jury returned 20 indictments Thursday, according to Navarro County District Attorney Lowell Thompson.
Among the people indicted was Lisa Marie Reed Carter, 32, of Brownwood, who is accused of robbing the Reflective Image Tanning Salon on Sept. 15, then fleeing and when she was stopped by police, she hit an officer in the face to avoid arrest. She was indicted on charges of robbery and assault on a public servant.
This is the first meeting of this grand jury panel, the second group from the July group. It is the last panel of the year.
Also indicted was Amelio Martinez, who was stopped in Kerens and who pulled a knife on the officer before fleeing. When he refused to surrender at his home, the man came out with a shotgun and was confronted in a standoff with the sheriff’s SWAT team. He’s charged with evading and resisting arrest with a deadly weapon, Thompson said.
Harrison Tell was indicted on charges of aggravated assault following an encounter at the Denny’s in which a customer was assaulted with a plate. According to the report, a group of people were being rude to the restaurant staff, another customer asked them to stop, and Tell allegedly struck the other customer in the face with a plate.
An indictment is not a finding of guilt or innocence, but is merely the panel’s decision that enough evidence exists to take a case to trial.
According to Thompson, the following individuals were also indicted Thursday on these charges:
• Joel David Andrews, burglary of a habitation and burglary of a building;
• Juan Sanchez Balbuena, driving while intoxicated, third or subsequent;
• Lisa Marie Carter, robbery and assault on a public servant;
• Lindsey Dawn Crosswhite, possession of a controlled substance under one gram;
• Ismael Garza, Jr., aggravated assault of a family member;
• Echo Hooks, theft by check;
• Amelio Martinez, evading with a vehicle and resisting arrest with a deadly weapon;
• Sean Erich Keller, possession of a controlled substance, A-type, under 20 units, and possession of a first-class controlled substance under one gram;
• Ladisha Tennette Nathan, theft;
• James Douglas Phillips, possession of a controlled substance greater than one gram and less than four grams;
• James Ross Jr., failure to comply with registration requirements;
• Charles Damon Shirley, aggravated assault;
• Harrison Tell, aggravated assault;
• Jacob A. Tomlin, sexual assault;
• Dena Renee Watson, two counts of possession of a controlled substance under one gram.
Janet Jacobs may be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Want to “sound off” to this article? E-mail: Soundoff@corsicanadailysun.com